The nutrition and health cluster of the Campus of International Excellence Southern Catalonia (CEICS) forms part of the southern half of the anella de l'agroindústria or the agro-industrial ring of Catalonia. It is a powerful structure for teaching, research and knowledge transfer in this rapidly expanding field and mainly revolves around:
- Rovira i Virgili University (URV)
- The hospitals Joan XXII in Tarragona, Sant Joan in Reus and Verge de la Cinta in Tortosa
- The Pere Virgili Institute for Health Research
- The Technology Centre for Nutrition and Health
- Tecnoparc, the technology park specializing in nutrition and health
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes
The undergraduate and postgraduate degree studies in nutrition and health are linked to their local environment, with roots in a consolidated food and agricultural industry and large expanses of nut orchards, vineyards, olive orchards and rice fields.
The URV offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in medicine, nutrition, biochemistry, and many other related fields and has research groups focusing their activities in these areas. The creation of a research institute that brings together research in health and a technology centre for nutrition and health opens doors for students, particularly regarding research and knowledge transfer. This area also includes part of the research structure of the Institute for Research and Technology in Food and Agriculture (IRTA).
Students enrolled in health sciences programmes participate in training linked to CEICS hospitals.
- The departments of medicine, human nutrition and dietetics and physiotherapy have teaching units in the hospitals of Tarragona and Reus.
- Joan XXIII and Sant Joan University Hospitals participate in undergraduate and postgraduate training by cooperating with the university in the area of health sciences and participating in doctoral programmes.
- The university hospitals hold training visits.
- The Pere Mata Institute University Psychiatric Hospital has a teaching unit in the URV Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in which undergraduate and postgraduate training is provided. It is accredited to train doctors, psychologists and resident nurses.
Professional research or academic master's degrees
Postgraduate training in the fields of nutrition and health at the CEICS enables specialization in any of the branches of this field. Some master's programmes are organized in cooperation with different Spanish universities and others are done in close collaboration with the campus hospitals.
Find out about university master's programmes in health sciences now available
- Master's Degree in Nutrition and Metabolism
- Master's Degree in Mental Health: Research in Psychiatry, Neurotoxicology and Psychopharmacology
- Master's Degree in Genetic, Nutritional and Environmental Factors in Growth and Development
- Master's Degree in Aging and Health
- Master's Degree in Neurosciences
- Master's Degree in Health Psychology
Discover all the master's programmes in CEICS.
If you want to continue studying and are interested in moving further with your research in nutrition and health, CEICS has several doctoral programmes available.
Discover all the doctoral programmes in Health Sciences:
- Doctoral Programme in Biomedicine
- Doctoral Programme in Nutrition and Metabolism [EXC]
- Doctoral Programme in Mental Health: Genetics and Environment [EXC]
- Doctoral Programme in Neurosciences
Browse all doctoral programme options.
[EXC] Doctoral Program awarded with Mention to Excellence by the Ministry of Education.
Bachelor's programmes in nutrition and health
You can begin your educational career with official bachelor degree programmes linked to knowledge in nutrition and health at the Tarragona, Reus, Tortosa and El Vendrell campuses.
Have a look at the bachelor's programme options that will guarantee acquisition of knowledge and skills in this field:
- Undergraduate Degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Undergraduate Degree in Biotechnology
- Undergraduate Degree in Medicine
- Undergraduate Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Information on all URV degree options.
Throughout the course, CEICS participants in the area of nutrition and health organize seminars with leading experts in the field. Students can also enrol on URV-specific master's programmes or specialist university courses to become specialists in one facet of their profession or refresh their skills on university extension courses.
- Find information on current training options for:
- Find information on lifelong learning at: