- The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ)
- The Catalan Institute for Classical Archaeology (ICAC)
- The Institute for Human Paleoecology and Social Evolution (IPHES)
- The Pere Virgili Institute for Health Research (IISPV)
- The Catalonia Institute for Energy Research (IREC)
- The Institute for Research and Technology in Food and Agriculture (IRTA)
- The Catalan Institute of Vines and Wines (INCAVI)
- The Consortium for Improving Competitiveness in Tourism and Leisure in the Province of Tarragona (CMCTUR)
As well as four technology centres dedicated to research, which put their knowledge to work by transfering their results for use in companies:
These institutes make up a network of research centres of excellence that bring together leading experts in each of the CEICS's five areas of specialization.
These research structures are complemented by the Mestral Technology Centre, which explores techniques related to the management of radioactive waste.
URV research centres
The URV has created its own research centres involving some one hundred active research groups in the fields of chemistry, nutrition and health, culture and heritage, tourism and oenology.
The quantity of research undertaken at the university and the research institutes and centres forming the CEICS has led scientific productivity in the counties of southern Catalonia to rank among the most established in Spain, with more than 900 articles published in recognized international scientific journals every year.
Scientific and technical resource service
At the Campus of International Excellence Southern Catalonia, research projects are carried out on a nationwide and Europe-wide level primarily through the Consolider initiative for promoting excellence and two of its projects: Networked Biomedical Research Centres (CIBERs) and Cooperative Health Research Thematic Networks (RETICS). Cooperation between the public and private sectors has also been encouraged through participation in National Strategic Consortia in Technical Research (CENIT) projects.
The CEICS has a Scientific and Technical Resource Service on campus, a technical support service aiding research, development and knowledge transfer activities in all of the scientific and technological areas of the CEICS. The service allows researchers to use technical equipment and draw on human resources and offers specialized training so that professionals can do their work with the advantages of the very latest technical knowledge. The centre offers cutting-edge equipment and new research techniques are constantly being incorporated.
Access the Scientific and Technical Resource Service and view the technical equipment available.
The CEICS has a metabolomics platform available offering top level services.
Research placements at the CEICS
Those who wish to conduct research at the CEICS have access to a programme of grants aimed at different groups: doctoral students, internationally renowned senior researchers, postdoctoral researchers and postgraduate students.
CEICS research groups
The Catalogue of Research Groups allows you to locate groups in the areas in which you are most interested.
URV research centres
The university has created its own research centres:
- CRAMC ¿ Behaviour Evaluation and Measurement Research Centre
- EMAS ¿ Research Centre on the Engineering of Materials and Micro-Nanosytems
- EDAT - The Environmental Law Centre of Tarragona
- C3- Centre for Climate Change
Technology and innovation centres
One of the main areas of focus of the Technology and Innovation Centres of the CEICS is research.
- The areas, the research groups and the projects in which the URV and the research institutes and centres are involved
- All the information related to the research
- All the options for researchers mobility
- The CEICS job opportunities for researchers
- CRAI Learning and Research Resource Centre
- Accommodation, services and other relevant and useful information