Consortium for Improving Competitiveness in Tourism and Leisure in the Province of Tarragona (CMCTUR)
The Consortium for Improving Competitiveness in Tourism and Leisure in the Province of Tarragona (CMCTUR) focuses its efforts on research, development and innovation. The following seven areas currently make up its core activities:
- Markets: exploiting micro-databases in order to generate strategic information for the sector.
- Think tank: a system designed to learn about the latest trends, consumer tendencies and growth sectors.
- Platform: the creation of an electronic platform allowing interactive access to strategic market information.
- Tracking: an analysis program examining the mobility and geographic distribution of visitors.
- SIGTur/E-destí: a geographic information system that makes use of digital applications to track user destinations and better understand user preferences.
- E-business: the application of new technologies in price management.
- Product: action programmes within the areas of cultural and wine tourism aimed at improving visitor management in rural areas.
CMTUR comprises research groups and researchers from the URV who facilitate the transfer of technology to the business sector, and who conduct their research at the consortium's offices and laboratories at the Science and Technology Park of Tourism and Leisure in Vila-seca. This public consortium is the fruit of collaboration between the Vila-seca town council, Rovira i Virgili University and the Foundation for Tourism Studies.